Thursday, November 4, 2010

"The Handsomest Drowned Man in the Wrold" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Colombia)


I thought that the story was kind of funny because everybody in the village was over exaggerating about this man that floated onto their village, I mean okay I would be shocked too but not be all over him, dressing him, making him clothes, or even falling in love with him. The men at first felt jelous because they woman were only paying attention to him but when they got to see him too, they understood why they were all over him. At the end they got the most important people from there village to throw him back into the water. But they said if he wanted he could come back if he wanted to. They named the big drowned man Esteban because he looked like an Esteba to them.

A lot of people say that they don't want their family to be sad when they die. But for real for real I want everybody to cry for me and be super sad becasue I want to know that I am missed and they a lot of people loved me. I have never been to a funeral so I wouldn't know if its similar. This story reveals that Latina Americas' attitude tword death is more meaningful then others becasue they make it seem like they were still alive and treat them with like more respect.

No comments: